Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why I may be an alien... the 30 hour day.

I began thinking about this some time ago, the concept that I may not be from this planet that is. My theory is this: My body seems to want to work off a 30 hour day, not a 24 hour day. I realize this may sound slightly preposterous but just listen to the facts, and see if I don't change your mind. I can stay awake for a very long period of time and in fact enjoy doing so. I also enjoy sleeping for a long time, and anyone who knows me can attest to that. I personally need roughly 10 hours of sleep to feel good, but if I get that much sleep I can be awake for 20 hours very easily. Both my day and my night need to be elongated, and if you notice, my relative theory of time still holds true the the old maxim 1/3 sleep (8 hours) and 2/3 awake (16 hours) during a normal Earth day.

For the skeptics who ask why I can't remember this other planet I am from I say this; if I was from Earth, after 25 years of life why wouldn't my body and mind have adjusted to the cycle of the planet like humans. Why do I crave a longer awake period and longer sleeping period. It is not that I want to get more out of my day than a 24 hours day allows, nor more sleep than it allows, it is that my body speaks to me and tells me to stay awake, do more or go back to bed your not ready to wake up yet. So as you can see, it is not my mind that has created a simple delusion, it is my soul that tells me this is all true. Luckily my mind can rationalise what my soul is trying to tell me, that I need a 30 hour day because the planet I am from has one.

For eons and eons my race, shall we call me an ICUHURRT, have lived on a planet that has a 30 hour day. This of course is as innate in me as a 24 hour day is in all of you. What else could be the explanation of an instinct so primal, so real, so cognitive except that I belong to another race not of this 24 hour world, but that in fact I come from somewhere different, somewhere that a 30 hour day is what is real.

I do not make these claims to suggest by any means that a 30 hour day is better, or I for having been from a 30 hour day planet am better than any human. As I said before, the point of my 30 hour day is not to get more out of my day and not to say that I think humans would be better off with a 30 hour day. In fact it is almost the opposite, you would have more time to do the same amount. And for those of you who know me, hence my tendency towards laziness and procrastination, my whole body is telling me I have more time to complete everything I need to do in the day. I only present this valid information as a testimony to the reality of my life. Anyone in my position would do the same.

Now the only problem I have run into with this theory is testing it. To accomplish a valid test, I would need a large warehouse with no windows. Obviously the sun shining through during what should be my night would throw a wrench into the experiment. Also, I wouldn't be able to go to work or do normal human activities in the outside world because my 30 hour day world would be running a 6 hour difference the second earth day, 12 the third, 18 the fourth, the fifth day I would be 6 hours ahead, but it would end the same and start over again on the 6 day. With that kind of schedule I wouldn't be able to complete Earth activities. A long vacation period would be needed, which is difficult when even though I am not from this planet, I still need to live on this planet, earn money and have an Earth life. The other experimental difficulty that arises out of this is that work is an essential part of life, how long should the work day be? Would I work during the test? What other parameters would have to be considered? It is difficult to say since I am not sure what ICUHURRT people do?

Is this a theory that can be tested, maybe... maybe not. But does one really need a laboratory test after the logic and facts I have presented? I think not. The conclusion is obvious, I must not be from Earth. Or maybe I am just a night person and hate the mornings, but either way thanks for reading.

12 comments:

*merissie* said...

OMG. I miss these types of conversations with you sooooo much. If you are indeed an alien, you're by far my favorite alien. Hahaha. I really enjoyed reading that, Hollister. It would have been better live, but this still made my day.

Anonymous said...

The Earth may be about to experience another growth spurt. The new Earth would have a longer day, 30 hours sounds about right. It is possible that evolution has offered you an adaptation ahead of schedule.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU. I found this post because I've had problems falling asleep at the designated times, my entire life... I'm 28. So I came up with the exact same theory (always wondered if I had a cosmic identity beyond this existence) and Google'd "planet 30 hour day." It's nice to see I'm not alone, and that perhaps I'm not imagining things when I feel I still want to stay awake and... do stuff!

What bums me out the most, is how hard it is to build a true life based around what, to me, feels like a natural cycle. I'm pretty much "unable to work" due to not having control over my sleep as it is... and yes, I require a full 9 hours to feel in top shape. If I get anything less than 8, I'm really sick, and pretty much can't make or keep any commitments. Southmage - yeah... let's hope the planet catches up soon, hmm?

And now... to keep looking up various planets and their daily cycles :-D

Oneg said...

im the same as what youre saying about the 24 hr day. im a negative blood type,(o-) and im confident for many reasons that im a human "alien" hybrid. ive been telling my wife for a while now that 24 hours isnt enough for me, and the reason for that, i think my distant relatives come from a 30 hour planet. in fact while looking in to 30 hour planets for those reasons, is how i came across this blog.

Jason Butler said...

This is spot on for me also. I just googled 'is there a planet with 30 hour days' because I am convinced I belong on a planet with 30 hour days. Nice to 'meet' you fellow alien.

guyfauxxc said...

j just gojgled the same for the same reason

Scha1 said...

You are not alone... funny how there are at least several, and probably many more, of us who have noticed the same thing and even went so far as to look for a possible planet with 30 hours.

Curious how you came up with the name though... ;-)

Binky said...

Dude, I prefer a 30 hr cycle too. Seriously. I work from home so I can sometimes jst live a 30 hr day.

You need to check our Michael Tsarion, and his theories and documentation that can prove certain things. About Tiamat, Atlantis, alien visitations, genetic mutation and experimentation. There are things in ancient texts that would suggest humans are not pure human, which would explain the 3o hr cycle. It's mind blowing. There is an amazing 10 hr doc and a bunch of other videos. Something that might be of interest to you.

Unknown said...

I have ALWAYS had a super weird sleep schedule and function best with at least 12 hours of sleep. I've easily slept more than 25 hours in a row and my husband jokingly refers to me as an alien. He mentioned to my mom recently that "she lives in a thirty hour day" and asked what was wrong with me. My mom said maybe that was *my* normal pattern. It was honestly the first time it occurred to me that there might not be something seriously wrong with me sleeping all day (15 hrs) and staying awake all night (the other 15). Now if only I could get my husband to stop trying to force me to go to sleep at night when I'm not the tiniest bit tired. Sigh. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Unknown said...

Hello fellow aliens.. it's great to see how many people like a 30 hour day cycle..! There is a pattern here clearly.. considering we have all ended up o your blog Hollister.. that too from different parts of planet earth.. to Icuhurrt!

Unknown said...

I feel exactly the same way... So, I guess I'm not alone...

Wolfe said...

Greetings fellow aliens, I also googled the 30 hour day for the same reason. I was actually calculating my age, considering I don't look my age at all. I haven't believed myself human since I was a child and I have always had this sleeping 'problem'.
I am curious, how many of us are there? O- blood and various other things set us apart from humans. I will definitely check out Michael Tsarion. I would enjoy confirming my theories.